November 19, 2010

I Am A Plow. Yeah.

I Am a Plow.

It is sowing season
So must prepare to do my duty
I sharpen my blades when no one is looking
And go on a few practice runs in the night
So I can perforn perfectly when I am used
The time is now
The day is here
I finally get to do my job
After so long a time of drought
The farmers and horses pull me
And I pull new, fresh soil to the surface
And I am followed by children who plant seed behind me
Followed my more children who
Cover up the immature seeds
That I helped plant
I am used for hours at a time
Never getting a break
Until the night falls
When the people put me in my place in a dark, cold shed
Then I continue to sharpen my blades
Until the next sowing season...

1 comment:

  1. I think that it's interesting that you chose a poem to express your view of what a plow is. Your outlook on "being a plow" seems to only have the purpose of being used or needed though

    ReplyDelete