December 17, 2010

Music Review

I have to say, it was REALLY hard to think of a song that I liked, and when I did, I always thought of another one that was better.

Simple Solution- Pick an Artist.

One of my favorite bands (well, person) is Bonobo. I say person because there is only one person, a British DJ by the name of Simon Green, but his stage name is Bonobo.

Bonobo's music is mostly instumental. Except a few songs on one of his albums. I first learned about him through a soundtrack on a snowboarding video game on Gamecube.

His first album, Animal Magic, was released in 2000...
File:BonoboAnimalMagic.jpg
... and the best songs would have to be "Shadowtricks", "Sleepy Seven", and "Terrapin".

His second album, Dial "M" for Monkey...
...would definitely be my favorite. Best songs from the album--- "Flutter", "Pick Up", and "Something for Windy".

Not too much of a fan of the third album, Days to Come...
 File:BonoboDaysToCome.jpg
...because of the frequent songs with singing, but nonetheless, I like "Nightlite", "Transmission 94", and "On Your Marks".

So yeah, I guess that's...

What? He has another album?

Yup, recently found out that Black Sands
File:Bonobo - Black Sands.jpg
was released in March 2010. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the songs yet, but I definitely will soon.

Ok, that's it. I HIGHLY recommend at least trying to listen to his music, but if you don't, or if you don't like it, I don't care.

Really.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. Listening to it now. I like the song Silver...big fan of jazz organs. Also, I like the use of Billie Holidayesque vocals mixed in on some of the tracks.

    ReplyDelete