October 26, 2010

The Moment I Knew I was An American

American
–noun
a citizen of the United States of America. (www.dictionary.com)
↑↑↑↑↑
LIES!!


I believe an American is a person that is born in the United States or in another country and accepts the American culture AND any other culture in the world. The moment when I knew I was an American was when I was when I was young and my parents and teachers taught me about communities and togetherness and the environment, things of that nature. I always love to help out around the house, cleaning something whenever I can. To be a true "American" you must help the communities and people around you. You must care about the feelings of others as well, not just yourself's.

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free." (Lee Greenwood)

2 comments:

  1. So are you trying to tell me that syou knew because someone else told you? So if I told you that you were a cross breed between a pickle and a banana, would you believe me? Would you decalre yourself a Bankle?

    Do you believe that other nationalitise don't help out their communities? Is that an unique trait? I'm absolutely shure that being an American doesn't mean you're a nice person. Alot of nice people aren't Americans and a lot of terrible people are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But isn't America described as being a "blending pot?" If so may individuals may not fit the category of what an American is nowadays. Or couldn't it simply be someone who possesses traits, habits, and ideals, such as eing obese, lazy, and corrupt. Although these are negative traits, re there specifics to what has an "American" exactly is. What really defines an "American?" Is being an American a stereotyped sense of being?

    ReplyDelete